Thursday, April 23, 2009

Procrastination



I have seven weeks and two days till the moving van arrives. I have a to-do list as long as my arm, or likely longer. I am doing nothing on my list.

My list is not exciting. It includes things like health insurance and rental insurance and re-incorporating or registering our business. I need to sell a bunch of furniture and stuff we aren't bringing. I need to get back to cleaning out files and closets and cabinets. I need to plan a party - one big party - to say goodbye to everyone important to us. Maybe it will get exciting if I push it all to the end.

I tried to get started. I picked a closet. There's really nothing in there we couldn't live without. It could all be donated or dumped or packed up. It includes fabric and needles and thread. So of course - some creative procrastination. Can you blame me? Look at my daughter modeling her new outfit and her dance moves.

And while we're admiring Bella, look at my roses. We had three days of near-100 degree weather. The roses were already blooming, but that heat burst the laggards into bloom. Luckily it is cooler again so we can enjoy them a little longer. I love these roses, water hogs they may be. I planted them all as little bare root twigs and I will miss them. Maybe I can get my friends to send me pictures each April.

No comments:

Post a Comment