Sunday, March 29, 2009

Things I hate

I don't think there will be many things that end up here. Not usually a hater. But tonight, I'm annoyed. Our perfect plan that just was falling right in place is stalled - a little. Our buyers backed out on our house. 1st time buyers - they were scared of little things like lead paint (which we disclosed before they offered to buy the house) OK - I understand. Except that every house built in 1930 has lead paint. If the owners say it doesn't - they are lying. And our paint is isn't peeling. And my children are lead-free. Ask the doctor. They've been tested.

So - top of my list.

1. Bumps in the road. Why can't things go the way I want?
2. 1st time buyers. And their brokers.
3. Dumb medical tests that drive up the cost of health care in this country with no tangible improvements to our health. (I know lead is a serious issue. I used to work in public health in New York City. But it's all about exposure and quantity). Given the level of risk presented, I'd rather have my kids tested for pesticides. Or just for quantity of vegetable matter in their systems.
4. Allergies. Why is it that every woman my age (yup - over 40) has allergies? You get to choose - either you feel foggy from the allergies - or groggy from the medication. Thus the attitude.

That's it. I really meant to post about all the things I will miss. A much more pleasant post. Maybe tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment